Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 4 weeks ago

I'm taking judo and I just found out I'm pregnant do I have to tell my instructor, I don't want to I'm afraid he will make me stop and I?

Don't want to?

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

I doubt if judo is hazardous to your pregnancy, but you should let your instructor decide. What if it caused a miscarraige? Do you choose judo lessons over having that baby?

If you want to be a mother, you are going to have to stop being self-centered and thinking only of what YOU want.  Babies don't allow that kind of selfishness.

Yes; most definitely tell your instructor and with something like this I can't imagine him allowing you to continue to train in some ways like being thrown and doing any break falling. He might let you continue training with out those aspects during your first trimester and he should be told. That would be my approach to this if you were my student and I would expect you to tell me this if you were my student also. Not telling him really compromises your standing with him.

• Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

good answer & good point; safety is very very important

Of course you should inform the instructor. It is your choice to continue or not whenever you feel like it. Don't want to get into a debate about training while pregnant because that is a larger conversation.

• Imp

You should tell your instructor so he can give you exercises that won't damage it!

• Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

excellent answer, safety is very very important