Why do gay men talk with that annoying voice?

You know, the high pitch nasally voice with a lisp and melodrama. Why is it that only gay men have that accent? Why don't lesbians have an accent?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Prince
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

That "whiney hiney" voice that is so annoying is sometimes really a Straight guy;whereas, many Gay guys have deep, Butch voices. You need to poll more to determine this for yourself. Do your research! 

• 8 months ago

Most don't do it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Have you ever heard a butch, deep-voiced lesbian talk?  We see only what we're paying attention to so this tells me you like to pay a lot of attention to gay men like you have some sorta fascination or obsession with them for some reason.  Care to explain?

Source(s): If you ask me it stems from your own deep-rooted homosexual desires.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Most don't. You can't tell most of them from straight people.

Some do affect an "effeminate" voice, usually because they simply like to do so. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That's a good question.

Poofters have a distinctive walk and speech, dykes have distinctive haircuts.

• 8 months ago

Because they are annoying, disgusting nancy boy pooftas.

No country or region talks like this so it is all put on and false.

Source(s): Many pompous years
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

what are you even talking about ?

Thats absurd. Stereotyping people based on their sexual orientation is silly.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Most guys with homosexual tendencies don't talk like that as far as I can tell. A certain percentage do, though the same is true with guys who only like females.

• 8 months ago

Tell me why you would care, hon.

• 8 months ago

Most do not. When you hear it, it is being done for effect, to annoy people like you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.