What are some sites for making online friends?

No social media sites.

Well I believe omegle you may find some.

I met some of my long time online friends off a book site. It was a site to exchange books. The site had a forum that was pretty active. We've been online friends for about 16+ years before Facebook was popular. I consider them some of my dearest friends even though we've never met in person.

Find a website devoted to a hobby you have and you should meet some good friends there. I know you said no social media sites but Facebook has groups that are a good place to meet and make online friends. I have a few good online friends I met through Facebook groups.

What you want to do is look for chat boards on something you're interested in. For example, many online games have chat features where you can talk about the game with other people who are interested in it. You can search for blogs on topics you're interested in, and you'll often find a community of people who post on that site. If you're interested in making friends with people from other countries, try eslcafe.com and click on Forums for Students. There are people all around the world eager to practice their English.