80 people die by the coronavirus, nobody cares, Kobe Bryant dies in a helicopter crash, everyone loses their minds, why?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Because people care about people that they care about. For many people, Kobe was their icon while growing up and they looked up to him as a role model. It's kinda strange because they probably never met him, but he still had an effect on them. As far as the victims of coronavirus, most people outside their friends and family do not know who any of the 80 people are, and never had a connection with them. People are probably sad for the families, but there is nothing for people across the world to talk about as far as the 80 people individually. Kobe was known around the world and people all over the world could relate to each other over that. It doesn't mean the 80 people have any less of importance.

• 4 weeks ago

The coronavirus has been making headlines for weeks, dumbass.  Here's a better question.

The coronavirus has killed 80 people in China since December, and CNN has been blowing it up daily in their headlines.  Common influenza has killed over 1,300 people in the USA since November, and not a single story has been written.  Why?

It's time for you to take a quick look into how the news media works.  And spoiler alert, you're not going to like what you learn.

• sarah
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I know the world is so crazy, by the way I have the flu?  1% has all the money and power and everyone just does what they want.  Why?

• Marvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Well, let us examine that.  How much do Americans spend on healthcare, or education compared to what they spend on sports legends?  How much do Americans spend on healthcare, or education compared to fashon designers? Americans have their priorities screwed up. People around the world are emulating that behavuor.

• 4 weeks ago

That is not necessarily the case, at least not for "nobody" and "everybody." I'm very interested in the Corona virus because it has the potential to kill hundreds of times more people than Kobe Bryant's unfortunate helicopter crash. I'm into molecular biology and know much more about viruses than I do about Mr. Bryant's career. (Honestly, what sport did he play?)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sparky
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Because Kobe Bryant isn't from a country or culture that eats anything and everything with feathers, fur, fins or skin except humans.

And that culture is likely what has created this pandemic. It is zoonotic.

• Fantom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I'm sure the families, friends, and associates feel the loss of the 80 victims to coronavirus very deeply. 

Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Attachment image
    • Mike4 weeks agoReport

"satistic."

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Because we love Kobe. 

Coronavirus is their fault for eating those exotic animals.

• myydcp4 weeks agoReport

Watch this video: https://youtu.be/7OEqybiGdaA

• 4 weeks ago

of course not, do we know anyone of those 80 people? no, but we knew Kobe.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

how many Chinese nationals can YOU name ????

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.