Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Were my parents young?

Mom was 21 when she had me and dad 23 in 2004

Kind of. By 2004 most people were waiting until a bit later in life to procreate.

Instead of asking stupid questions be THANKFUL YOUR PARENTS WERE NOT DEMOCRITS AND HAD YOU SUCKED OUT OF THE WOMB WITH A VACUUM CLEANER WITH A KNIFE ATTACHED TO THE END OF IT.

Yes...but not as young as me I was 19.

Not really, my mom had me at 16, back in 1988.

• 3 weeks agoReport

Well people had kids way earlier then

yes, but theres nothing wrong with that

• Leanne

Not too bad. I had my first at 16. Wasnt planned but of course i love her. Shes 23 now. 

Well I guess it depends on how you want to gauge this

In the 1930's-1960's when a woman was nearing completion of highschool she was expected to find a guy to be with, and by 18/19/20 she was expected to be married, and have kids. Guys too were expected to be fathers by 18-20, and were expected to have a job to support their family.

In this day and age- There's no real point where one is expected to have children! A lot of people are now focused on going to post secondary school, getting a job, dating etc before settling down. Some people will have children in their early 20's, others' in their mid-late 20's, some won't have any until they are well into their 30's.

So to answer your question its not a matter of them being young or too young, its a matter of where they were at in life....

A little young by my standards, but some certainly have children younger.

• Rick

It's not that young but it's far better than having kids at a younger age than that.  It's important for those in the early 20s to experience life without kids in it.  And then have them after you've explored that side of your life.

Hi Daniel, just because it's younger than the average, it's not a bad thing.

Hi Linda, you're right that it's smarter IMHO.

No Daniel, it doesn't mean it was an accident.  It was probably planned.

• Linda

Yes, by today's standards they were. I was even younger than they were when I had my son. I was 19 and his dad was 21. That marriage didn't work out, so it's wiser to wait until you are ready emotionally and financially before you have children, but maybe your parents were?