Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Anxiety about going to the store by myself ?

I am 27 years old and I get anxiety about going to the store by myself which keeps me from stocking up on food. I always have to have someone come with me. Idk why. 

How can I over come this? 

Idk why I’m scared. I just feel my ears plug and the sides of my face get warm and I just feel everyone is judging me. I know they aren’t and even if some are, who cares? But at the moment I just get so nervous. 

How do I overcome this? 

• Carmen

Have you prayed for strength and courage to overcome or deal with this matter? Have you spoken to a professional about it? Anxiety attacks can be scary and possibly unhealthy if not checker has this always affected you? Try to take deep breaths pray for a calm heart and peace of mind. 

The more you go, the easier it will get.  Start off with going with someone.  Then go by yourself.  Take a list and focus on the list and then check out.  Mission accomplished.  You'll be too focused to look around and worry if anyone is looking your way.  I highly doubt it because everyone has their nose in a phone.

I used to be like that when I first moved out on my own at 24 years old. It's just social anxiety. I had a very difficult time going to the shopping mall too... After a while it didn't bother me anymore. You can overcome it. But you have to try. Just go in buy 1 or 2 items at a time. I used to go to the grocery store every day and just buy what I need for that day... It worked for me... As for shopping malls, I used to think that everybody is looking at me; but now I know it isn't true. It doesn't bother me anymore.

What you need is therapy.

It will help out a lot.

I'm like that. It turned out my mother was a narcissist. It doesn't have to be your mother it could be anyone in your life. But I'm willing to bet that's what's going on.

Look up narcissistic victim syndrome. See if the symptoms fit. If they do try to figure out who the narcissist is. Then remove them and all their helpers (known as flying monkeys) from your life. Then lookup Kati Morton on youtube. She is a licensed therapist who makes videos to help people who can't get to a therapist. She's very good you will like her.

I wouldn't be worried about people judging me, I'd be more concerned about some lunatic with a gun shooting at everyone in sight. Sticks and stones may break my bones but bullets will kill you. Someone said order online but you never know what kind of crap they may send you. Call the National Guard and see if they will escort you. Then you can thank everyone of them individually. That should take care of your needs for a month or 2 especially if some of them wants a second helping. :)

• Ace Shorty
      3 weeks agoReport

Why heavens no, he might turn his anger on her and that would be horrendous, paying a guy to attack yourself, she needs to stick with the NG or maybe a Seal Team..It used to be the GBs, you know,

It's funny about such phobias, it's not really you but then it can be overbearing. I had similar feeling when driving that all other cars were after me on the road it eventually died down by self educating oneself, and you might even make you feel like you have multiple personalities.  

sounds like social phobia, try not to give a damn about other people and go about your business.

• Mars Mission
      3 weeks agoReport

Projections look up the word?

Research Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD).

• Will

First figure what it is that makes you anxious. The thought of being alone? Being in a crowd where people might pay attention at to you? Possibly going into some place you are not familiar with? 

Then, use logic. I know how arrogant that sounds, but trust me. Logic is one of our strongest abilities. "Why am I afraid to go in there alone? I have been in there before and nothing was wrong. I just grab a shopping cart, travel to proper aisles, and collect what I need." "No one cares what you're doing because they're doing the exact same thing, shopping." 

Actually talk to yourself. And once you hit that feeling of hopelessness, go. The hopelessness is a temporary break from feeling anxious. Before you know it, you are in the store where it is too late to turn back. And you will feel the anxiety slowly going away as you become comfortable shopping alone.