michael asked in SportsMartial Arts · 8 months ago

evreytime my mom or someone sticks there hand up at my face or something fast, i automaticly react?

i cant help it,i kind of close my eyes at the same time start to move at an angle.and start to put my hands up,(but try not to becuz i know shes playing)

is this a result of my year and 5 months of hand to hand combat training,including sparing and avoided strikes and pad work?

Wow! You sound pretty tough. Soon enough, your reactions will be so automatic, you'll be more machine than man... Just don't come to your senses after blacking out to find your entire family knocked out when your dad went to give you a high-five.

That flinching is a natural reaction that most have to unlearn when they train and become fighters. With some its stronger and more difficult to overcome it than with others and there are training practices like the Muay Thai splashing drill that can be done to help an individual overcoming that natural reaction and they not flinching and closing their eyes. That is one of the things they mean when they say sometimes that a fighter has good vision is that the fighter is able to keep their eyes wide open and focused and not turn their head away when they are about to get hit.

• Bon

No, it's you pretending to be a highly trained something. Give the ego a rest.

• Carson

It probably is.

When you don't flinch at all, the blink is ok, "Only then, Grasshopper, will you have learned.".