What is the scientific explanation for creation of dreams by the mind-- the purpose, the material(?)?

And specific area of the brain associated with dreams.How mind creates unknown people, unknown places etc.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Dreams are hallucinations that occur during certain stages of sleep. They're strongest during REM sleep, or the rapid eye movement stage, when you may be less likely to recall your dream. Much is known about the role of sleep in regulating our metabolism, blood pressure, brain function, and other aspects of health.

• 1 month ago

If the brain stopped thinking, you would be dead or in a coma.  And even some ppl say that in a coma you still can hear, or have some faculties left. To stop dreaming means to stop thinking, and the mind never really stops thinking.   At night it creates the dreams to release energy, or memories, and deals with a lot of pent up emotions. If you want a deeper explanation you of how the physical brain works you would have to post your question in the section dealing with medical issues. I found that under the Science & Mathematics Category there are subsections called Biology, Medicine, and another one for Other Sciences.  Under the Health Category you only have the Mental Health Department. Maybe one of these other Yahoo sites can help you. 

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

there are many theories...but no proof...some say its to relieve stress...others say its to fulfull a wish...but i dont think its any of that...because we can see dogs and cats dream so i dont think its something the brain does..its just something that does

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.