Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

As a meat eater, I'm afraid of having cancer in future. Help?

I'm a meat eater from India. I eat meat once in a week or once in 10 days. I fear I may catch cancer because I eat meat. Most people in my country don't eat meat.

But scientists say that vegans have much lower risk of cancers than meat eaters. What should I do? Should I stop eating meat?

Favorite Answer

Eating meat once in a week or once in 10 days is totally ok and doesn't increase your risk for cancer.

Meat consumption is linked to cancer when it's eaten in large quantities and quite often. Eating meat like you do doesn't quality as "often " or "large quantities".

Source(s): I'm a Dietitian
  • Imp

Than become a vegetarian if you're afraid!

• kelvin

you seriously need to stop believing all of the garbage you hear

• audrey

No. Once a week will not hurt you in the least. Enjoy!

• edward

Are you vegan or vegitarian? Because there’s a big difference. My friend is from punjab and she doesn’t eat meat, i never asked (because i’m uncultured) why not. She loves eggs though and the knockoff bacon the cafeteria at work has. Vegans can’t eat eggs

• Bill

eat meat

there is no proven scientific evidence that the amount you eat causes cancer in YOUR body

Stop paying attention to the vegie rats and live your own life

Nothing in excess and you will live to a ripe old age

• mokrie

Every human alive is born with cancer cells in their body. Most people don't have them "wake up" and start to multiply until late in life if at all. Eating meat only once a week or less will not cause cancer. You'd have to eat it at least 4 times a week or more for it to have an effect and then it would probably be clogged arteries more then cancer. Only red meats are on the list of possible cancer triggers when eaten in large amounts. Fish or chicken is not on the list. Babies can get cancer and they are too young to even eat meat. Most of the time it's just bad luck.

• Rick B

This is about the fifth post I have seen today on eating meat and cancer. Get a life. Most of us eat meat three times a day EVERY DAY and don't "catch cancer". Quit worrying about what might happen. Live your life.