how do i officially/legally leave my religion?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Jesere
    Lv 7
    11 months ago
    Favourite answer

You just leave, choosing to do so is Offical, nothing legal is needed. I left at age 15, in 1971. No problem.

• 10 months ago

Just stop attending and participating. If you really want to make it official, make a formal request to be removed from membership.

• 11 months ago

you get up and walk away from it put simply

• 11 months ago

Stop attending. Many churches have the policy that once you are in, you are in for life and nothing you do will alter that. Catholics, for instance, regard those who leave the Church as lapsed Catholics who can come back any time they like. They do not, however, chase people or try to persuade them to return if they leave. If your church has a physical membership system then you can ask to be taken off it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Juli
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

Leave and don't go back.

Pretty simple.

• 11 months ago

Do you live in a place where everyone has to be registered as a member of a particular religion?  If not, you don't need to do anything.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

That depends on the religion. If you're Catholic, there are ways to get excommunicated, but the simplest is to blaspheme God repeatedly in the presence of a priest.

• you get an axe and chop off a priests head 

oh wait, do you mean by legal as in not against the law, or offical written statement type of legal?  

• 11 months ago

The same way you leave a restaurant.

Go out the door.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Submit a letter of resignation accompanied by $100.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.