How lucky were we (Man United) not to have been on the recieving end of an embarrassing scoreline yesterday ?

The gulf in class and quality between them and us was evident for all to see, its almost as if we belonged a division lower than them - thats how much difference I was observing between our team and theirs.

They had two goals disallowed (one which perhaps should not have been), hit the post, and missed three sitters which on their best day they'd put away comfortably.

Yesterday what annoyed me the most was how we still live in denial and try to hide behind the obvious which is we simply are light years behind the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City.

We had two real chances and that was all. At no stage in the match did we look like we could hurt Liverpool, I don't know what game others were watching but the one I was watching showed a side so comfortable, they were going about their business out playing us in 2nd gear!

The scary thing is the Liverpool that beat us yesterday can be more dangerous and clinical than this, and had it not been for their poor finishing and a few world class saves from De Gea, we could have come away from that game having being pummeled 4 or 5 nil!

There is nothing about our team that suggests we ought to be excited or optimistic about the future.

There are no leaders, there is no swagger or flair in that side which use to be a trademark thing at Manchester United, there is nobody who can slow the game down and control the midfield and link up with attack its all a joke tbh.

Where does Ole go from here ?

• Favorite Answer

He doesn't have much to work with. What's embarrassing is that when United come to Anfield it's now the expectation that they'll park the buses and play 11 men behind the ball because Mourinho got lucky with it in 2014 because Gerrard slipped (Fergie was a prick but at least you knew United were showing up to play). And here's the deal. FSG came in and cleaned house. They were unlucky in 2014 but in a lot of ways, if they'd have won maybe The Brodge becomes bulletproof. They didn't, and he wasn't. That got Liverpool Klopp. The rest is history. As I've said, United seem more interested in selling shirts and marketing their brand than anything else.

• August
      1 month agoReport

Mike Ashley's Sport Direct are selling 1st team shirts for £45 if your interested 

• August

I don't think its a case of Ole making up his own mind.tTe board should act and get a manager with proven ability and they should not allow him to spend £millions on new players when a new manager will bring in his own 

Ah yes, the continuing misery and pitiful performance of Man United.  It never fails to put a smile on my face and a song in my heart.  

Nobody cares. You guys were the rulers of the premier league for two decades and never stopped whining the whole time! Now at least you have a crappy team to whine about so you should be pleased.