Can I use 91 Octane in a Stihl chainsaw ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

depends on the OIL MIXTURE RATIO..

• 8 months ago

Depends on whether it is oil/gas mix or not. I recommend always using higher octane gas with smaller engines that use regular gasoline.

• Dale-E
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Stay with Stihl High Performance oil and you will be OK. Up in a tree, the higher octane gives more dependable starts. The higher performance oil goes with the 50:1 mix ratio and screaming RPMs. The other part in this equation is about a clean burn, which really results in dependable starts for you. 

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I have found that my 024 works best if I get no-ethanol gas for it, higher octane if available. I also use genuine Stihl two-stroke oil and genuine Stihl chains. For the bar oil I use whatever is handy.

There are several tricks to keeping your saw in good shape, most of which should be obvious, and you might want to view a few of the many videos that are available. In particular, if you are felling any substantial trees you should know the tremendous hazards that come from making mistakes. Again, videos on that subject are available in great abundance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Sure, as long as it's pre-mixed 50:1 with the appropriate 2 stroke oil

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

yes .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.