N-Man asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 months ago

Advice? (Will award best answer)?

I'm a senior in college; at the beginning of the year, my best friend and I mentioned going on a road trip to the Grand canyon after graduating. Then one of our roommates (close friends) invited all of us to go to El Salvador after graduating since he has family there (a lot cheaper). Didn't really want to, but my best friend was excited so I said yes too.

Now after saying yes my best friend has had a lot going on and will have some family stuff going on at that time across the country, so now he can't go. He felt bad about it and told me first saying he didn't want to abandon me or anything

I will feel bad going without him. Knowing him no matter what he'll tell me I should go and have a good time, but I still won't feel right about it. I haven't talked to him about it, what do you think? Should I ask him ?

Oh btw before my friend said he couldn't go it would have been 4 of us going

Also I probably wouldn't be able to do both because I don't have enough leave at work (only enough for a week)

Your vibes have come across very strong. This is not the trip for you. It never was but you stifled your intuition and ignored your gut feelings but substituted your friends enthusiasm for your desire. Not good.

If you have never been to that part of Central America it’s not always totally predictable. It’s a hit and miss proposition unless you are booked into to a reservation spot. Private homes when adequately staffed and located could be nice. But that is not always readily available.

Take a rain check. Go local until a sizable number travel and are housed together. Scout your location well.

Congratulations on your graduation.

Good luck

Next Time

Ps don’t be embarrassed. Bail you may loose a few bucks.

Two trips is better then one and for your best friend is 1 trip better then none.