What else can I do with my sump pump drainage?

My sump pump discharge runs through underground piping to the street and of course tends to puddle right in front of my neighbors driveway. He hasn't said anything to me yet but it has to bother him... it bothers me lol so what else could I do with the discharge? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • GTB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Check local codes on this before you do anything and see if the local drain commission will address the puddling in the street

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I would water my lawn...or garden or trees.

• roger
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Run it through a  garden or  dig a  drywell and  put the discharge into that.

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Is there a ditch or storm drain you could get to by repipeing some of it.  Or shorten the pipe so it ends in yard an can soak into ground.  Just dont cut so short the water soaks back into where your pumping from.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Redirect it. Maybe dig an adequate soakaway and pipe it to that. Hire a digger fill the hole with old bricks and/or limestone rejects. That should work unless you are on a bed of clay. Even then it should work to some extent.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

where do you live ???  does it freeze ??  Could you plumb it to water your garden ???

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.