G R
G R asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 months ago

Help, what is causing my desktop Win10 computer to shut down when idling and closing all my programs? See below?

This just started the other day. I will have several programs open Word/Excel.... and i go away for a hour or so and my computer normally goes to sleep and awakens normally. Now it more or less shuts off, closing all open programs to where i have to tap the power button to get it to start up.

I haven't changed the power/sleep settings they have been fine.

I've done the sfc /scannow, checked for updates...

Can anybody help?

The power profile settings may have got messed up somehow.

Try changing the time before hibernation or power to something else, save it and go back to the desktop, then change it again to what it should be.

I've known the internal settings on things like that get out of step with what is displayed & changing something to force settings to be updated can sometimes fix it.

• Olive

Maybe system file corrupted error Try this 1. Left click on Start button 2. Right click on Command Prompt(Admin) an option will let you run "Run as Administrator" 3. Once Window pops up type in SFC/SCANNOW and hit enter n let scan. Hopefully it will fix issue