Which spelling of this Gaelic name is best?
Which spelling is better Fionnoula, Fionnuala, or Finnula (phonetic American English)? The name is pronounced Finn-oo-la. Nickname would be Ula. Personally, I am leaning towards the first one. Thoughts?
- AlLv 711 months ago
All of those names look and sound like some sort of body part.,
- AmarettaLv 711 months ago
Either the first or third spelling because it makes the pronunciation clearer.
- Ranchmom1Lv 711 months ago
The first one looks best.
I wouldn't expect many people would pronounce it correctly, but it looks best.
- Tri-HarderLv 711 months ago
Fionnoula by a long shot.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- conley39Lv 711 months ago
Fionnuala is best.
- Mx_intersex_folxLv 711 months ago
Neither. I prefer the anglicized form, Fenella. Or the shortened version, Nuala