What made me sick?

I’m bored and curious so I’m asking. On christmas throughout the entire day I probably had a total of 4 drinks. 1 bloody mary and 3 glasses of wine. (1 glass of wine was mixed with red and white because my cousin thought it was good, not sure if that matters?) I felt no more than tipsy and it didn’t last very long. We had Christmas dinner which consisted mainly of traditional Thanksgiving dishes. I started getting a headache which was making me tired around 8pm so I took 500mg tylenol. Then around 11pm I was mad that it wasn’t going away so I took 800mg ibuprofen. We went to pick up my cousin and in the car ride I felt very nauseous, and wasn’t drunk at this point. Just kinda felt like a zombie. By the time we got back I had to run to the bathroom to poop and after I forced myself to throw up. I threw up 3-4 times and it was a lot of puke. Then the next day (today) my stomach was kinda gurgling and I had to poop a few time. My one cousin then said his grandparents had left the Christmas dishes in the shoe room the day prior because it “gets very cold in there.” I’m not sure if it’s from mixing/the amount of pills I took, the food, or the alcohol? I’ve heard mixing those pills is fine, nobody else seemed sick from the food, and I definitely didn’t drink/get drunk enough to puke like that. What do you think? 

• D1218

Probably just everything all together.

• Mj

It could be you picked up a virus or other bug unrelated to what you consumed.

I think you are a drama queen.

Those were excessive dosses of both pills and alcohol (for a normally light drinker). Either by themselves could lead to minor toxicity and vomiting, much less all 3 together. On top of that, eating at people's homes is risky because you have no idea of their health standards. Even in professionally trained kitchens where their livelihood depends on it, I've seen nasty crap you wouldn't believe. What Gorden Ramsey finds is just called Thursday. I don't want to know what the average home cook thinks is safe.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you're an alcoholic.  Please get help if it's not already too late for you.

Congrats on answering your own question.