crazy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 11 months ago

Is this a good diet for bodybuilding? Weight :180 height 5:7?

Breakfast: 3 egg whites

Lunch: tuna wrap

Dinner: steak or salmon

With plenty of water I’m trying to lose weight and build mussels is there any thing I should add or remove?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

For one that's not enough calories, and as per your comment on the other answer, adding vegetables  and some fruit (but not a lot) will help. However stop throwing out the egg yolks. Eat those as those are also a source of protein, and very nutrient dense. In fact dietary cholesterol will have little, if any impact on your blood serum cholesterol levels. What was believed in the 1970s through the 1980s has been found with additional research to have been with the exception of a very small percentage of the population, to be wrong.

Additional research in the latter part of the 1980s, through the beginning of this century, showed that most of those with high cholesterol and followed the low fat low cholesterol diets, still had high cholesterol. It was found the vast majority of the blood serum cholesterol is made in the body, and more specifically in the liver. However there are those who still cling to what's become wrong or outdated, as still being a proven fact, denying the more recent results of scientific research.

There are many who are either strict vegetarians or are full on vegan. The only difference between the two is a full on vegan is actually a lifestyle. The so called vegan diet is actually the strict vegetarian diet, with the abstinence of not only foods that has animal based sources, but also the avoidance of anything where possible derived from animals. That said many long term strict vegetarians, and vegans are diagnosed with high cholesterol. When they're informed they their cholesterol levels are elevated, many either sent into a state of shock, or dent that it's possible. It's only those who actually follow research, who aren't or finally yield to reading the research, that's been done, and has come to accept the realities, where cholesterol is concerned. I've even seen vegans, and strict vegetarians take fellow vegetarians and fellow vegans to task for making claims that are fallacies. I'm neither a vegan nor a vegetarian by the way.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

You are not eating enough or getting sufficient nutrients. You need a much healthier, more substantial breakfast, including protein, and fruits and vegetables with breakfast and your other meals.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.