What exactly does an EMT do?

My real job is pretty bad so I am thinking of telling people I am an EMT. What is the job like, what can they actually do, what kind of training is involved, etc.

Don't say you're an EMT. You'll get medical question that you won't know how to answer. Either they'll know you're a liar, or worse, they'll believe you and someone could die from doing what you said.

No training is involved to tell people you are an EMT.

If you lie, you will 100% be caught out by someone who knows more about the job than you do.

I really feel you shouldn't lie about it. You are WORKING which is wonderful and something to be proud of. No matter what the job is be glad you have it. In the mean time look in to how to become an E.M.T. if it interests you. I know there is some schooling required but not sure how much. Good luck & Be Proud of YOU!

Some of the ambulance companies are becoming greedier than the ambulance chasers. Even in business practice, they send out bills to people that they never had in their ambulance. Someone calls the company to inquire about said bill is an indication that the caller would be calling only if the bill was legal and get trapped into possible litagation, which would cost more to the innocent victim than ambulance company.