Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Is it normal to think about death constantly?

I'm 25 and I think about death constantly and it makes me feel anxious. I think we are all going to die so everything sounds ridiculous to me and it's really scary that we will die at some point.

I want to die, but my son is kind of young and I’m worried he’ll grieve and also not be able to take care of himself. And his mother is a selfish psychopathic woman who doesn’t care about him. I’d welcome death

Yes it is.

If this bothers you see a doctor.

He will advise what to do.

i think its just a phase that will pass soon. i sometimes think of death every now and then, but convincing myself that afterlife does exist has helped me overcome my fear of death. i just feel like life would be too meaningless for everyone to just die and not go anywhere afterwards. i no longer fear death anymore. you just cant think of death as the end of life. if you trust yourself to believe in an afterlife then death can actually be an exciting thing. we're all in the same boat, we just have to wait and see what happens.

So, you're going to spend the next 60 years thinking about dying? People often think about dying, but it's unusual to think about it constantly. I suggest you go to therapy, but at the very least spend a couple weeks avoiding cruel or violent tv shows or games, go for peaceful walks, listen to calming music, hang with chill friends, and drink herbal tea. My guess is if you do that, you'll be thinking about dying less often.

Usually means your pretty low in mood, doctor

Can help thanks.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal views cited

i am too is flooded by thoughts of death. I have been suffering anxiety disorder. everytime i am having an attack there is a fear of losing my loved ones and even myself to death. it even affects my sleep. there comes a time that i could not fall asleep because of fear of dying. that is how my attack take place. 

but there is another kind of thoughts of death.. the another one is suicidal thoughts. I want to kill myself. I want to die. that is not normal. if not attended it might lead to suicide. so my advise to you talk to a non judgmental friend. who can understand you.

😄

I got hit with that rush @ age 9.

It passes.

• Petter

No, it's not normal. You really should consider talking to a therapist.

• keerok

Death only becomes scary when you have not achieved anything in life.

ARE YOU A GIRL?