Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 10 months ago

What should I do about a much bigger teen trying to hang out with my son and his friends? ?

My son (age 11) is at a JK-12th grade private school. There’s a 17 year old boy who’s always hanging out with him and his friends. The school says the older boy has autism spectrum disorder and that’s why he can’t relate to his own peers. They aren’t willing to separate him away from my son because they think it’d be isolating the boy and taking all his friends away. I don’t like the big age difference. The school usually segregates age groups but they make an exception for the boy.

4 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    Find a way to get to know this kid and his parents so you can better monitor this friendship. If he comes over for a play date and it's clear from his behavior that he functions at a much lower social age this is probably fine. If this is a private school this kid obviously isn't a menace (because private schools don't have to tolerate that nonsense the way public schools do).

  • Ivan
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

    Is it in groups? What are they into? You gave no details. Austic people can become violent and unpredictable, so be careful.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    if hes not doing anything wrong i would let him be friends with them

  • 10 months ago

    How about asking your Son?

    It sort of sounds like he was being bough up right and is being a friend with a disabled kid.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.