mike asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why are Rhode Islanders so rude?

My biggest gripe in living in Rhode Island is the number of rude, impatient, and downright angry people you see on a day-to-day basis. Yes, there are such people in every state, and yes, this does not apply to all Rhode islanders. You accidentally make eye contact with someone, and nine times out of ten you'll get a response like "what are you lookin' at?" Maybe it's just me, but i travel often and have visited many places and have never witnessed this degree of rude people concentrated all in one place. The worst thing is you cannot make friends as easily as someone else who doesn't have autism, ocd, or depression, or any other disability. I would like professional answers to what i am talking about in this age-old question

Surely there must be one polite person in this

Place? The rest is a big generalisation.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal views cited

After WW2 Mr Levit created a town by eliminating the city code to have basements. This allowed him to start mass producing homes for returning veterans. Thus, suburbia began. 30-40 years later the whole country was suburban.

What happens is people from other areas who think the world is a 12 min drive out of a gated community where soft-*** white people will die to make other's feel good about themselves go around and think anything else is rude. What's worse is that when they meet someone 2 generations removed from people who lynched blacks, slaughtered their own food, and stormed Normandy; they expect them to be sad, soft, and lame.

I'm not entirely saying we should strive for tribalism but suffice to say not everybody everywhere has the one goal in mind everyday to make you feel good about yourself. No matter your disability.

I guess a bunch of ignorant people moved there.

You should try Baltimore.

They are just mad that some idiot named their state and it isn't even an island. Maybe they meant to name it Rude Island. At least it would be half right!