Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 9 months ago

Can a 7th grade teacher be reprimanded for confusing a well-behaved student in her class with troublemaker with the same last name?

Keep in mind it’s a public school, 35-40 students per class. Therefore, the teacher called her well-behaved student a troublemaker. As a result, she reported him to the principal who called his parents to arrange a conference.

If she doesn't know the difference by now she should just be fired, not reprimanded.

I'll wait until I hear the teacher's side of the story before I make any decision.

Slow day for new trolling ideas?

• Jolene

35-40 students per class? That teacher needs a better union. My class size is limited to 25 in my contract. And I don't even have those numbers. My classes are 14, 20, and 6. - That being said, the teacher should be required to give an apology for the mix-up. But a formal reprimand, no.

i think she should be reprimanded too

The student deserves an apology, certainly. Humans make mistakes.