Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Can a 7th grade teacher be reprimanded for confusing a well-behaved student in her class with troublemaker with the same last name?

Keep in mind it’s a public school, 35-40 students per class. Therefore, the teacher called her well-behaved student a troublemaker. As a result, she reported him to the principal who called his parents to arrange a conference.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If she doesn't know the difference by now she should just be fired, not reprimanded.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'll wait until I hear the teacher's side of the story before I make any decision.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Slow day for new trolling ideas?

• Jolene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

35-40 students per class? That teacher needs a better union. My class size is limited to 25 in my contract. And I don't even have those numbers. My classes are 14, 20, and 6. - That being said, the teacher should be required to give an apology for the mix-up. But a formal reprimand, no.

• DCM5150
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Wow, where are you? I assume you are teaching elementary though

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think she should be reprimanded too

• 1 month ago

The student deserves an apology, certainly. Humans make mistakes. 

• DCM5150
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I think the apology went out the window when the student reported the teacher instead of asking the teacher about it. Of course the teacher will now be forced to give an apology.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.