Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Can a 7th grade teacher be reprimanded for confusing a well-behaved student in her class with troublemaker with the same last name?

Keep in mind it’s a public school, 35-40 students per class. Therefore, the teacher called her well-behaved student a troublemaker. As a result, she reported him to the principal who called his parents to arrange a conference.

If she doesn't know the difference by now she should just be fired, not reprimanded.

I'll wait until I hear the teacher's side of the story before I make any decision.

Slow day for new trolling ideas?

• Jolene

35-40 students per class? That teacher needs a better union. My class size is limited to 25 in my contract. And I don't even have those numbers. My classes are 14, 20, and 6. - That being said, the teacher should be required to give an apology for the mix-up. But a formal reprimand, no.

• DCM5150
      1 month agoReport

Wow, where are you? I assume you are teaching elementary though

i think she should be reprimanded too

The student deserves an apology, certainly. Humans make mistakes. 

• DCM5150
      1 month agoReport

I think the apology went out the window when the student reported the teacher instead of asking the teacher about it. Of course the teacher will now be forced to give an apology.