Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 months ago

How can I convince my doctor to give me open heart surgery without anesthesia?

I have a damaged valve in my heart and need open heart surgery.  My doctor is insisting I must have anesthesia but I absolutely do not want it - I don't believe in it.  I am supposed to have my surgery in the morning but he's threatening to cancel if I don't allow anesthesia.  

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Don't feed the troll.

• 9 months ago

Well if you promise not to scream when he starts cutting and be gagged and chained to the operating table then it will be your problem.

No doctor would operate on you.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I can operate on you... do you have cash???

• 9 months ago

You can't, just take your risk if the question is real.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You can have certain operations done under local anaesthesia instead but that depends on a number of factors including your surgeon. Don't think you could find a cardiac surgeon anywhere to do open heart surgery without full anaesthesia.  Far too risky.  I think you are being silly.  Have the operation under full anaesthetic of just live (or die) with the consequences. Consider the implications of refusal on the day; other needy patients could have had their operations carried out instead.  Nobody "likes" operations with full anaesthesia, but sometimes, like in your case, it is absolutely necessary.  I have lost count of the number of operations I have had, but I found the hardest thing for me was not eating or drinking before.  So something to look forward to afterwards!  

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

This is obviously a troll question. Nobody undergoes major surgery like this without anesthesia- EVER.

• 9 months ago

You don't.  Instead you find a like minded doctor to work on you.  Good Luck with that.

• edward
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

He doesn’t have to give you the surgery at all. Anesthesia makes it a lot easier to operate, we don’t want people flailing around and talking to us when surgery starts

• 9 months ago

tell him that you would suck his d for it

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

And it will be cancelled. You will die earlier then you should. There comes a time when you have to put your stubbornness aside and decide to live.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.