Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My mother made me sit away from the family on Thanksgiving cause she did not want to tick off my sister. How do I avoid this on Christmas?

My mother shunned me from everyone cause she said she did not want to make my sister mad. My sister is an adult bully. I was shunned to the corner of the room and the day sucked. I left early.

My mother fears my sister's narcissistic wrath and so that is why she gives her what she demands.

So how do I avoid this on Christmas? If I leave to make a statement how do I avoid letting it wreck the day? I have no friends around so family is the only option. My sister dislikes me cause I am different.

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

I don't understand why your mom would make you sit away from everyone else just to appease your sister. I understand what it means to have a sister with narcissism who is a bully. I have one and she is 9 years younger than me. I feel bad for you because you were punished for no reason. I would have left early too but your mom is not doing your sister any justice by overlooking her behavior and instead making you pay for it. Your mom sounds like she has no backbone at all and my mom was like that a lot too because she didn't know how to handle her. Christmas will be a repeat if you see your sister on that day. You don't need to let it ruin your day because if you stay there it will ruin your day. I don't have a lot of friends either but I am married and so that helps plus my sister lives out of state also. Personally, I'd rather spend it alone if that was the way it was going to be in my family. My sister dislikes me too because I called her out on her bullsh@t and I'm glad I did. If you go there on Christmas, you can rest assured your mom will want to separate you again. If you do go, leave right after dinner and sit at the opposite end of the table if possible. Then cut out early and treat yourself to something special like jewelry or makeup. Who cares what they think? Isn't that better than sitting in a corner all evening? Good luck!

• audrey

Stay home. Watch movies, read a book, play video games. If you cook, make yourself a great meal. If you don't, learn enough to cook one thing you love. I would not go anywhere that I was relegated to the corner because of another person. Merry Christmas!

• Tj

I would rather be alone, over being where Im treat like a cast off. Go to a movie, volunteer at a soup kitchen, go and get take out.

• Tepee

If I were in your position I would tell my mother that she won't have to exclude me from the family dinner because I would rather choose to eat alone at McDonalds.

🙄 Again?

Tip: Look like you're enjoying it. A lot. It will drive them both crazy that you're so happy.

Source(s): 😌 A guru at reverse manipulation. Even for trolls.
  • mokrie

Personally I'd rather stay home, get some pizza and watch Christmas movies then go somewhere that I'm treated like that.

Another boring BS story you made up

maybe you shouldnt go if theyre going to do that to you

I would stay away. Do not be like Pearl and screw up the whole event.

You do realize Pearl is a point gamer.

Stop making excuses that you have to be there. Don't put yourself in an environment to be abused.