Genevieve asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

why is my kitty cat meow so much?

Probably wants food or attention. 

He or she just has a chatty personality. Just like some cats are different colors they got different personalities. My kitten is very clingy and wants to be with me all the time. She isnt a chatter though. Take it as a compliment that he or she sees you as someone he or she enjoys interacting with

• Layne

Some are chatty making many vocalizations and some more and some less.  Cats also do subtle things like a silent meow.  The cat's stomach rises and falls very slight or a lot.  Also, a cat blinks slowly and it's tail twitches slowly. Signs they adore you.

• PR

Some cats are just "talkers", and some are just hungry. Our cats also sit right by us at their feeding time, or closer to the kitchen than normal. One of our cats has a nickname of the "alarm cat" since he meows like a loud police siren or alarm, when he is hungry.

But, some cats love people and meow just to communicate with them.

Our son's cat meowed at the door a lot, in order to be let outside. After that, he was quieter because he was able to play, outside.

A female cat will meow and howl in a very loud and annoying manner, if she is not spayed and wanting to find a mate. If your cat is an unspayed female cat, get her spayed and that will fix the problem, and make her a better pet.

If it is a boy, he may just be looking desperately for a female

• Mog

He’s talking.  

• Matt

They quickly learn that humans react to verbal stimulus so thats how they get our attention.

Your cat is just very vocal. My cat only meows at me when they want food. 

• Bob

Because she loves you.