Genevieve asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

why is my kitty cat meow so much?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Probably wants food or attention. 

• 1 month ago

He or she just has a chatty personality. Just like some cats are different colors they got different personalities. My kitten is very clingy and wants to be with me all the time. She isnt a chatter though. Take it as a compliment that he or she sees you as someone he or she enjoys interacting with

• 1 month ago

Some are chatty making many vocalizations and some more and some less.  Cats also do subtle things like a silent meow.  The cat's stomach rises and falls very slight or a lot.  Also, a cat blinks slowly and it's tail twitches slowly. Signs they adore you.

• PR
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some cats are just "talkers", and some are just hungry. Our cats also sit right by us at their feeding time, or closer to the kitchen than normal. One of our cats has a nickname of the "alarm cat" since he meows like a loud police siren or alarm, when he is hungry.

But, some cats love people and meow just to communicate with them.

Our son's cat meowed at the door a lot, in order to be let outside. After that, he was quieter because he was able to play, outside.

A female cat will meow and howl in a very loud and annoying manner, if she is not spayed and wanting to find a mate. If your cat is an unspayed female cat, get her spayed and that will fix the problem, and make her a better pet.

• Genevieve1 month agoReport

ni don,t think that,s it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If it is a boy, he may just be looking desperately for a female

• ...Show all comments
    • JJ1 month agoReport

Is it a young cat, it may just be lonely or sometimes when they are in pain or sick they will meow. Best to take it to the vet

• Mog
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He’s talking.  

thanks for the answer

• Matt
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They quickly learn that humans react to verbal stimulus so thats how they get our attention.

thanks for the answer

• 1 month ago

Your cat is just very vocal. My cat only meows at me when they want food. 

thanks for the answer

• Bob
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because she loves you. 

thanks for the answer

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.