Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Should a Christian wait until marriage to have sex?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Yes. So should everybody else......

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They say that you should, but there is really few that do including Church going Christians! There are some that do and that is fine. In a perfect world two newlyweds will have sex for the first time on their wedding night, unprotected and without birth control. Nine months later they will be parents and that is a wonderful thing too! I am a Church going Christian and I see nothing wrong with unmarried couples to have protected sex! As long as they aren't sleeping around with multiple people and they are prepared if one gets pregnant to get married, even after the child is born! If a couple gets divorced or legally gets separated they should be able to get a new boyfriend or girlfriend to have sex with!

• Paul
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Everyone should. God didn't command it just for Christians.

• David
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I did, and never regretted waiting. My wife is still my only sexual partner, ever.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Hogie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes. A Christian marriage needs to be based on trust. Sex beforehand can destroy that trust.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes, so as not to commit fornication.  And learning together is half the fun. 

• 8 months ago

Yes.............

• Otto
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes, because sex before marriage, adultery, bestiality, incest, and homosexuality are all serious sins against God.  (Leviticus 18:6; Romans 1:26,27;  1 Corinthians 6:9,10)

• Liz
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Sex Before Marriage Is Unloving

When a man and a woman unite in wedlock, they become “one flesh,” as it were. When two unmarried people have sexual relations, also called fornication, they too form “one body”—but one that is unclean in God’s eyes. What is more, such unions are unloving.

Yes, they should wait.

(1 Corinthians 7:2) "but because of the prevalence of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife and each woman have her own husband. "

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes, they absolutely should wait, of course.  But some don't.  We all sin, and believing in Jesus as God and as the one that died for our sins and rose again, we are saved forever.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.