Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Scared cat ?

Quick question, we got 2 kittens last year a brother and sister, the boy became mine and is loving and trusting but the girl is afraid of everything. Anytime you try to get near her she runs, except for at night when she oddly wants all the effection and love. We are looking for a new home for her but I want to know what's up with her and if there is a way to make her become a little more friendly for a new owner I managed to snap a picture while she was sleeping

Thank you for everyone that gave actual advice and did not just assume that I didn't want her because of she is scared. when we rehome her I am hoping to have made her more social and to someone who will be able to afford and support her. as I have stated in another comment we can not afford to keep her I should have put that in the beginning but I didn't she is shown the same love and affection when she does eventually come to me as my other cats 

Favorite Answer

Try playing more with her. If she is affectionate at night, then she is not scared of you. Move a small stick around to entice her. Get some cardboard boxes and paper bags for her to have fun with. She is also sleeping out in the open so she is not scared at all. Unfortunately she is a black cat and it is tougher to find people who will adopt a black cat, or even a grey colored cat. People are superstitious. Personally some of my most favorite cats have been black cats. I had one male black cat that I can use as a fur neck, and he was happy to be draped around my neck.

So a cat is timid and you give her away?

• PR

Are both cats spayed and neutered? If not, this could be part of the problem, if she is worried about the male cat around.

• Ken S

You got kittens and you are getting rid of one already?

What a piece of shi t

You want to re-home her because she's scared? She's not a toy to be given away just because she's not doing what you want her to do. Please wait until after the holidays before you do anything, she might end up being an unwanted Christmas gift.

You're going to rehome a cat just because you don't like her being a scaredy-cat?  Why?  What's wrong with you?  She senses you don't want her and that only makes things worse, that's what's up with her.  Knowing you don't want her makes it doubtful she'll become friendlier, and now that's part of her personality.

• I'm not trying to rehome her because she is scared we have 2 dogs 3 cats and a bird we can't afford her I try and show her the same love I show to my own cats but she just doesn't want it unless it's at night and I'm tired I play with her with a Lazer toy because she is scared when I use other toys

You would get better insight by going to a cat forum, like this one

https://thecatsite.com/forums/cat-behavior.5/

Perhaps your vet could give better answers than random people on the internet