Lv 6
asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 months ago

when you kill a bug,,,what happens to its soul? why any different than a human or a dog, etc?

Update:

or what about the countless, COUNTLESS chickens, cows, etc killed every day for human consumption?

what about the trillions of weeds killed every day by herbicides?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Mankind are made a little lower than the angels, with the ability to make choice.

Animal species have group "souls," and animals as well as all parts of nature are guided by a separate evolution than man, namely the elemental kingdom.

A reasonable reference re elementals:  http://encyclopedia.summitlighthouse.org/index.php...

A Being Who shows great understanding and compassion for animal and plant life:  https://www.mothermeera.com

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I killed an injured bird once

• 8 months ago

I don't believe there's such thing as a soul.

• Liz
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Since animals are souls, when they die their souls die. As the Bible says: “Every living soul died, yes, the things in the sea.” (Revelation 16:3)

Source(s): jw.org
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I don't know how unnatural humans are in the natural scheme of creation. When a bug dies from a human killing it, there's no place for the soul to go except to transmigrate to either the same life form or to a higher one. But since there's millions of bug forms in a hierarchy of complexity, it probably just goes to a higher bug form.

• 8 months ago

It is dead. We don't have souls we are souls.At Genesis 2:7 it says "the man came to be a living soul" not that he came to posses a soul. In the bible soul means "breather",so if we breathe we are souls. see jw.org for more

• 8 months ago

The same thing that happens to bacteria and viruses that are murdered by medicine.

• 8 months ago

I'm not sure what a bug is, or if it has a soul. Let's say it has a soul, then yes: you killed a soul.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Anonymous is right it returns back to the souce but here is the twist 

All those bugs animals even plants even ants even bacteria even gems where once humans before, see when living things die it returns to the souce and get recycled and come back a different energy being even can come back as electricity that's an energy also, see life repeats itself life and time never stops what does a clock do? It somehow in an unexplained science fall back on the same numbers same with life you repeatedly come back in a different time to experience a different life don't think everyone alive right now wasn't alive during cavemen days

• 8 months ago

Christians never found full theological resolution on this issue. Generally speaking, we are free to believe what we want to believe on this issue pending clarification from God.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.