could a college teacher round a 68.25 to a 70 for the semester final average?

yeah is that possible or has any teacher done that in the past?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes, it could happen College professors often round grades up if someone is close.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

yes it's possible.  It's also possible you win the big prize in the next lottery.  Neither is very likely.  Your grade is what you earned based on your ability to do the work.

• Adam
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Possible? Of course. Probable? No.

68.25 is hardly considered close to 70 in terms of final grades, unfortunately, but it is of course at the discretion of your professor. You'd be lucky if they boosted you from 69.45. But hey, the worst they can say is no, so ask. I'm assuming it is too late to do any assignments, else I would definitely offer to do extra credit.

Unfortunately, I have found the professors typically are more willing to help students who have already proven themselves in the class. For instance, someone with an 89.5% who really tried in the class. If you had bad grades throughout the class, and you're waiting until now to ask for a boost, they likely won't grant you any favors unless they're a complete pushover.

Don't beat yourself up about it. If you got a D, you got a D. You didn't earn a C and that's that. Just learn from it and work harder next time you take it.

Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes. He or she could.  But word travels fast, and it's a slippery slope for sure.  So most instructors just go by the grading criterion stated in their syllabi.  They don't make special/secret deals with specific students.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

They could but probably won't. It really is a 68.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.