Is it weird for a gay man to be in love with a straight man?

How would you go about this? I ve told him about this and he said he s 100% straight. I would really love to be in a relationship with him but want to keep the friendship going at the same time but it s hard because I just want to date him...

He also keeps sending me shirtless pictures, selfies etc. What do you guys think of this? Is he just feeding my ego or what is it?

• Rick

It's very common for a gay man to fall for a straight man and the same goes for lesbian women finding themselves having feelings for straight women.  

I'm not sure he's as straight as he says he is since he's sending you pix that he knows are going to arouse you and make you feel attracted to him.

SHAMEFUL thing to do and try to drag a normal person into.

love one and other but control your lust

Gay men fall for straight men.

Straight men fall for lesbians.

Lesbians fall for straight women.

Straight women fall for gay men.

None of those are particularly uncommon; knowingly or not, I'd say about 95-100% of people in those categories have done so at some point.

No, that happens a lot.

No, I have often fallen for a straight guy. Unfortunately that is as far as it went.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

1) You are hurting your self. Move on and date. He doesn’t want you. Best way to get over a man is under a new one. Join gay social groups, the local gay community centers, lgbt rec leagues, maybe a pro lgbt church or meditation circle. Try the gay bars out near you. Hey its Friday - hit the baths too they’ll be busy after the bars close. 

2) its a lack of respect on your part. He’s told you how he is. Not nice, not respectful. What if a straight girl kept coming after you even though you outed your self? This is how life works. He can’t have any girl he wants - he might crush on a lesbian or a girl who just does not see him as his type. So no would mean no in that case too.I’m speaking as someone that fell in love with his best friend when we were in the service. I’d get to see him naked after we hit the gym. But he was straight and taken. I never outed myself. I waisted way too much time pining after him - for nothing. Learn from my mistake!

NO, it is not weird at all...Most of the men are straight. So we happen to like someone who is straight. But why are you hung up on him even though you know he is straight ?  

• abcdef

This is not uncommon, it's called unrequited love.  But he's also bating you by sending you pictures.  That's not about your ego, it's about his. By keeping him as a "friend" you are only going to continue making yourself miserable and I think he enjoys the situation.  The only way to get some equilibrium in your life is by giving yourself distance in time and space from the object of your affections.  You crave a relationship - most of us do.  As long as he is straight, you cannot have a relationship with him.  You need to meet people who are available to you. It's not all that difficult.  And I'm not talking about bars or online dating - talking about joining activities that you are interested in.  Good luck.

• Bent

Maybe not weird but absolutely unfulfilling. Give it up.