Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Did Jesus worship God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost?

Or dis he just worship the same God that the Jews and Hebrews worshiped, namely the Father Jehovah

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

That's a good question. And the answer is that Jesus didn't worship himself. He worshiped his father Jehovah. John 20-17- Rev. 3:12

• ...Show all comments
    • Roberta B
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Jesus explained his words in his prayer to his Father, asking that those who put faith in him "may be one just as we are one."  John 17:22 Are all of these a trinity? No.  This is about being in harmony, in agreement.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Jesus Christ is the SON!!!! God the father, son and Holy Ghost are all individual, but together they are God. They are also called the trinity

• 1 month ago

The name Jesus in the NT is a comic parody of the real person whose father was the only god in the story, and whose city was Rome, and Rome is the heaven being referred to in the story.  Most of the NT is a comic parody of what happened at that time. Look away from the bible for the truth.

• 1 month ago

Jesus NEVER in the entire Christian Scriptures, even said "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost"

We have recorded prayers by Jesus to his Father, but never did he speak of him as three in one God.  In fact, in the longest prayer that we have of his, he said:

John 17:3  This means everlasting life, that they may know you, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus said to the Samaritan woman:    John 4:22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews.

By saying "we worship" he was including himself as a worshiper of his Father Jehovah, the Almighty God of the Jews and Hebrews, and this is the direct answer to your question.

Also, there are two Greek words involved that are translated "worship" in the Christian Scriptures: the first is pro·sky·neʹo which usually means "bow down to, prostrate oneself in reverence", which was given to human kings and judges, as well as to Jehovah and Jesus. (Matthew 18:26),

This is what the angels were told to do to Jesus at Hebrews 1:6.

"But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

The second greek word is la·treuʹo, which Jesus said only belonged to Jehovah . Matthew 4:10  In this statement, quoted from the Hebrew Scriptures, he said that "it is to him ALONE that you must render sacred service" (which is the direct translation of la·treuʹo)

Jesus said his Father is greater than he is. John 14:28 Jesus said that his Father knew things that neither he nor the angels knew. Matthew 24:36 Jesus called his Father the only true God John 17:3 Even in heavenly glory, Jesus' Father is still his God. Revelation 3:2,12 Again, Jesus' words.

In fact, in the Greek text, there are at least a dozen references to Jesus calling his Father HIS GOD, while on earth, and after his return to heaven, thereby showing that they are not in any way equal --Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34; John 20:17; Romans 15:6; 1 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28; 2 Corinthians 1:3; Ephesians 1:17; Hebrews 1:9; 1 Peter 1:3; Revelation 1:6; 3:2,12To acknowledge that Jesus being a Mighty One, which is what "God" means, does not mean that one is practicing polygamy.  The Father is the only Almighty God, and he is Jesus' Father.  Having the mightiness of a god does not lessen or weaken these facts, and there is still only one Almighty God.

I must REPEAT:  Even in heavenly glory, JESUS' FATHER IS STILL HIS GOD.

Revelation 3:2,12 

2 Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your works fully performed before my God.       12 “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God+ and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

Jehovah (the English translation that comes from the Hebrew translation Yahweh and the four Hebrew letters Yod He Waw (or Vav) He, meaning "He Causes to Become")  is the name of Almighty God, and is written in the earliest manuscripts 7000 times. No other proper name appears in the scriptures more often than this One, and He said, "this is my name FOREVER."  Exodus 3:15 

The Greek Septuagint, which is a translation of the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek, contains the name of God in Hebrew, and it can be found online. Also, most Bible historians agree that this was the translation used by the Christian Scripture writers.

The BIBLE shows that the holy spirit has no personal name. Trinitarians attribute the personal names of Jesus Christ and Jehovah to the holy spirit - even a greek word "Paraclete" was given as a name by some (but this was merely a greek word that means "helper."

Also, today, many things are done "in the name of the government," or "in the name of the law" which are not persons. They are done by the authority of these things.

That the holy spirit, which is Jehovah's active force, is different from Jesus is made clear in these verses:

Matthew 3:16-17, where after baptism, the holy spirit came from the Father in heaven and alighted on Jesus in the form of a dove.

Matthew 12:31, 32 where blasphemy against the holy spirit will not be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Son of man (Jesus) can be forgiven.

Neither Jesus, nor ANY one in the Bible, describes the relationship between the Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as a Trinity, Triune, Three-in one,  Three persons in one God, God in three Persons, or that All are Almighty.

Anyone who says that true Christians must believe any of these things, is quoting a doctrine of men, not the words of the only true God and Father of Jesus Christ, or the words of Jesus Christ, who is our Salvation. John 20:17,31

Source(s): I invite you look the references up. I got them from jw.org, but if you want to, they can also be found in any legitimate Bible scholarly site that is not biased in favor of the Trinity doctrine.
    • ...Show all comments
    • Roberta B
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Thomas as a jew would not contradict the Shema, which clearly states that Jehovah (or, Yahweh) is one. Deuteronomy 6:4-5 or Jesus own words in John 20:17 above. Jesus also knew that, which is why he did not correct Thomas.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Al
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Let's look at the word "Worship" itself, it comes from old English meaning, condition of being worthy, dignity, glory, distinction, honor, renown....the earliest known writing are found in caves in the form of picture drawings of scenes being acted out, in early Sumerian culture, we start to see specific pictures of a symbol representing what we now identify as a group of letters to symbolize an object or thing rather than draw a picture on a cave wall, for instance, the letter " P " in Sumerian writing symbolizes " A Person " look at the shape of the letter and think of a neck and a head.

The point I'm making here is Jesus knew God the Father and the Holy Spirit were not something for the eyes to behold, because our eyes are our greatest deceiver, our ego mind tends to favor what benefits the body, and if Jesus perspective is that we are not our bodies, then death has no jurisdiction over us at all, meaning the body may cease but you never cease to exist in what you really are, A Spirit!  therefore, I don't believe Jesus worshiped anything outside of what was already within himself.

he went as far to say in Luke 17:21 The Kingdom of God comes not by Observation, for behold, The Kingdom of God is Within you.

He found a way to God and the Holy Spirit by going within.....Meditation...he found that high mountain within and the gate within the mind that leads to Gods Alter within us....its not something outside of us.

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Those words of Jesus were addressed to the hypocritical Pharisees, not to people who were of the Kingdom of God.  Jesus, who will be the King of God's Kingdom was in their midst, which is why the Kingdom of God was not coming to them with observation, or obsevableness. They were faithless.  Context!

• 1 month ago

Jehovah is a difficult word to translate.It is something like the ever present existing one..It is the name of God and that includes the Father,Son and Holy spirit.

To limit the name Jehovah only to God the Father is not scriptural.

• 2 months ago

These are some comment made by Jesus:

New World Translation

John 4:23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.

John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. For more information go to WWW.JW.ORG

• Paul
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

As a man, He worshipped His heavenly Father. As God, He is to be worshipped.

• ...Show all comments
    • David1 month agoReport

Paul probably thinks he's a vision of someone who gave their name as JESUS tell him one night that most of the bible can be wrong and everyone on earth for centuries who just copied the catholic church must be right because the vision said there has only been one person with the name JESUS.

• 2 months ago

How could he worship himself? He followed Judaism as it was practiced at the time.

• ...Show all comments
    • Annonymous
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

God relates to us in human terms. Anthropomorphism comes from two Greek words: anthropos (man) and morphe (form). It mystifies the JW  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Jesus never existed so you will have to pretend.

• ...Show all comments
    • tulip1 month agoReport

How do you know, youll need tot time travel for that, You even need to time travel if you beleive in the big bang lol

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.