Why are people so mean to trans woman?

17 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Because some of them are not passable and look like they're dressing up for Halloween.  So they get dirty looks in public places.  People think they're creepy.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because they’re just rude and closed minded and a trans woman can be a woman if she wants and people should just shut up about it and learn to accept it

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Hell if I know, mate.

Most are probably just ignorance and misguidedness.

Others I believe just can't be saved :(

So sad to see some are unsavable from hate that will ultimately destroy the hater more than the hated.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

"Why are people so mean to trans woman?"

The number one reason is we live in a patriarchy and the associated misogyny. Society lionizes masculinity and puts down femininity. And society reacts quite dramatically in cases when a person they THINK is male acts in a feminine way or :gasp: wants to "become" a woman. Nobody "becomes" anything, but that what an ignorant society believes. Society doesn't understand why anyone would want to give up their male privilege; why anyone would willingly give up the power and prestige of being male. Now contrast this to transsexual men. They get little coverage because society thinks all women would love to be men. That transition for them means a step up the power ladder of our society.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

The general public can not understand the whole concept of chopping off one's junk to become a woman.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Which woman are you referring to in particular?

• Robin
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

as Madonna said in Dick Tracey ' you dont know whether you want to hit me or kiss me' . So many people are insecure

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

People aren't mean to transwomen, transwomen just like complaining that they cannot find a date so the issue must be that everyone else is being mean to them.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because you're a twist of nature or unnatural. 

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because they shouted in the street like common street walkers, it was unnecessary and revealed little moral fortitude or decorum

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.