Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 10 months ago

If they ask for your bank account name is that a scam?

So they didn’t ask for my account numbers instead they said they’ll add me to a payroll of $500 a week but all they need is my bank account name. I mean is that still a scam?

He only found me through my tweets on Bill Pultes page and I don’t know. I’m like 22 years old and I feel dumb for not knowing.

Btw I’m referring to a man on twitter who says he’s apart of #twitterphilanthropy which is related to Bill Pulte.

..............................

• Steven

Yes, nobody have rights to know about your bank details i.e. bank name, account number etc. So be careful about it. 

Sounds phishey to me.  I wouldn't play their game.

I am picky about who I give my banking information to. I don't just give it to anyone.

• Enigma

yes,it's a scam called phishing,an attempt to get your personal info.

• Tommy

Where does the $500 per week come into play? Are they going to pay you that? What for? Do you work for them in any way? If that's the case, that is your clue that it's a scam.

The old adage: if something sounds too good to be true ..

< He only found me through my tweets on Bill Pultes page >

Scam, run away now.  If it sounds too good to be true, it likely is.

• Bill

you are dumb --very dumb to be even asking the question

you will get $500.00 a week for what, you don't need to give a bank account number--they already have that so the name is just to show who owns that account. What ever makes you think that you are entitled to that sprt of money a week for doing nothing. Some time s I cannot believe the stupidity of people that the scammers take money from

SCAM! Do not give anyone your information online or on the phone no matter what they offer. They will rob you blind.