Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 months ago

Why are Latter Day Saints the nicest people you’ll ever meet?

Because it is easier to catch a fly with honey than with vinegar...

No the friendliest people I have ever met are South Asian and Far Eastern and white people.  The most horrible people I have met are gay people black people italian people turkish people and french people.

• Alan H

Where did you get that idea from?

I have me many friendlier people

I like latter day saints.

All the LDS people I have met are very nice, but by no means the nicest people I have ever met. Nor am I likely to meet LDS people in the future who will turn out to be the nicest people I have ever met, because I don't mix in their circles, and it's been years since my last discussion with 3 of them (when they did not come across as the nicest of people). If the first word in your Q had been "Are" (and not "Why") I would simply have said, "No."

On the porch yes, in the workplace they have a great ethic but can be obstinate and downright ugly. 

Friendly is like a predator wanting to satisfy its lust.

All salespeople have developed a false front.

There's something in that.

Each one spends two years as a missionary in their late teens/early twenties so they are obviously very orientated towards serving other people.  They are also very friendly, refraining from judgemental-isms.

I disagree with their theology but I do think that many Christians could learn from their humility.

Why did the Utah Mormons claim that Jesus told Joseph to practice polygamy when Joe's own mom , son , and only wife swore he didn't do that sin ?

• Paul

Nice is good. It's a shame they are so far away from God's truth.  Jesus said the truth would set us free, not being "nice".