Atheists: The Shroud of Turin dates back to BIBLICAL times. Why would a fake be made when Jesus was alive?

48 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

good POINT...SHROUD OF TURIN HAS BEEN FOUND TO BE AUTHENTIC...THEY CAN TELL HOW OLD SOMETHING IS...

• Native
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

YOU BETTER CHECK THE FACTS - you know, the ones found by scientists, not religious zealots.  They have proof that the shroud IS NOT REAL. 

• 8 months ago

It's obviously fake....

• 8 months ago

Not that I'm an atheist, but the Shroud of Turin is a forgery. Jesus had a separate cloth to cover his face.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No, it was not from Biblical times ! It is a religious lie.

• 8 months ago

It has already been proven to be fake.... several times.

• 8 months ago

It has been proven to be not from Biblical times, dating around 1300 a.d. but even if I granted the time frame you desire. You have an image of a person supposedly crucified during a time when many were crucified. Considering the evidence that NT writers provide and the sources they clearly used, Jesus never actually existed, but even if we ignore this evidence, and you get it down to a historical Jesus, it still does not get you to your desired conclusion.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

it's fake.....

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Curiously In no scripture in the New Testament is mentioned that Shroud... no one letter or writing of the Apostles mentions that wonderful "miracle"...  

I won't call you a liar but there is a Bible and verses about the TOMB maybe you do not believe the Bible and got your alternative facts about what was there...

Biblical

Luke 24:12   Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulcher; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, 

...no full shroud or any image of Jesus mentioned, there are little definite historical records concerning the shroud prior to the 14th century. Although there are numerous reports of Jesus' burial shroud, or an image of his head, of unknown origin, being venerated in various locations before the 14th century, hint various...

The first certain record (in Lirey, France) in 1390 when Bishop Pierre d'Arcis wrote a memorandum to Pope Clement VII (Avignon Obedience), stating that the shroud was a forgery and that the artist had confessed... hint forgery

• 8 months ago

1. Dating on the shrowd i8s probably not old

2. The bible said Jesus and a special seperate cloth to cover the face

3, Jesus left no ther physical evidence behind, why would he leave this

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What makes you think that the Shroud of Turin can be traced to Biblical times? It was dated by carbon 14 testing to the 13th century. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating_o...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.