Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Why does family obsess over what I can COOK just because im a girl.... give me the perfect comeback?

So long story short my mum never taught me how to cook yet wants to complain because im a girl etc. That's what makes me have no interest. If I really wanted to cook I could just learn off youtube. She would say what would happen if I got a husband and cant cook. Now Every family member asks 'so what CAN you cook in a condescending way' and I really want to just slap them. Its none of their business and they would never ask that question to their sons or my brother which clearly shows its sexist. I am not going to cook just to fit this sexist stereotype. I need a good comeback to shut them down which isn't rude but will shut them up... what can I say

Update:

my family will just stare at me for a good 3 seconds before asking me.. 'what can you cook'. Argh I feel like making some hot soup and throwing it on them and

sayingt

THIS IS WHAT I CAN COOK MF lmao

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"I plan to marry a husband who can cook. Problem solved".

• 2 months ago

Reply: No, but I can (insert something you're good at)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Friend look on the internet for the recipe for nitroglycerin memorize it and next time somebody asked you tell them hey b**** I know how to cook nitroglycerin to shove up your ***! Now shut the f****** up! Or let's go outside where I can kick your ***! Friend I don't care if a wife can't cook. I like to go out and eat I don't want to wash dishes nor do I want Grease smoke hanging on all my curtains. If I wasn't so old I'd marry you!

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Everyone should know how to follow a recipe and cook good food.  It doesn't matter if you're male or female.

If you go away to college or leave home for a job, you're going to need to feed yourself, but so are any boys in the family.

Maybe just tell them that you're perfectly capable of cooking, and you're sure that their sons are equally capable.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Maybe I hang out in the wrong circles, but most men I know think they are brilliant cooks.

• 2 months ago

You'd better "come back" with a home-cooked meal.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.