is breastmilk vegan?

i think yes cause the only reason it's produced is for human babies... but i would like to hear other people's opinions :)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, breast milk is not made from animals.

• 1 month ago

reastmilk

isn't

vegan

since it comes from an animal, a human animal, but still an animal. Cows don't eat meat and their milk isn't considered

vegan

so why would

breastmilk

be any different? Goats are also

vegan

yet

vegans

don't drink their milk or eat their cheese. Reality is that infants can't be

vegan

. They need the fats and proteins for brain development. So you can claim

breastmilk

is

vegan

if you want but it's really not.

• 1 month ago

That's a very interesting question. I would say it's safe for vegans who are against animal products, it's humane cause it's meant for human babies, soo you're not harming an animal in any way. I don't know how it compares to dairy or how common it could be to be allergic to it. Might research that.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, it is. A human mother can consent to give her milk. Animals cannot, which is why human milk is considered vegan while other mammal milk isn't.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Satan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yeah, its vegan because it's given willingly.

• 1 month ago

Since the mother chooses to feed it to her child, yes.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, it comes from an animal, but for a lot of people, the problen with renewavle ankmal products (wool, honey, milk), is that its taken without the consent of the animal producing it. Since humans are capable of informed consent, this issue is eliminated

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.