Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why is pre-teen Greta Thunberg Time's person of the year?

Out of all the deserving people of science and diplomacy, Time chooses a girl who had a nervous breakdown in front of world leaders and who has for the most part not done anything other than run her mouth and voice her opinions. 

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Because TIME is losing many readers and they are just trying to0 get a controversial subject runni9ng to try to get more readers... 

She is a ACTIVIST and deserves whatever criticism anyone with freedom of speech wants to say about her.IF THE 16 YEAR OLD CHILD does not want criticism let the CHILD go home and KEEP HER UNINFORMED NON COLLAGE EDUCATED MOUTH SHUT LIKE Most TEEN AGERS should do. SHE isn't even old enough to Vote yet she has DUMP PEOPLE LIKE you crying for her.. You people who feel sorry for the little spoiled trained coached little girl needs to grow up and listen to adults yourself instead of a trained coached little girl.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because she’s a rich, White, liberal female. I’m surprised they didn’t choose snooki or a 90 day fiancé.

• Hockey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

True to everything that you wrote, except that she isn't a pre-teen, she's 16 and that makes her a teen.

• don
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

only a pre teen would fall for that bullshyt hoax.

• ctc453
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

She is using her voice to fight for climate change, fight to save the planet. If we don't act now, life will end sooner rather than later. She didn't have a "nervous breakdown." She has every right to be angry over the incompetence of the UN and their poor efforts in the fight against climate change! 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

BC in a liberal utopia achievement is meaningless. 

All one need do/say/create (banana duct taped to wall) is something that is incredibly liberal/unintelligent, something that spreads to all liberals and you have made a name for yourself.    Time mag is so liberal its disgusting If even one issue sold I know somebody has been terrible mislead, that is, if the person buying, can read.  

Source(s): My opinion.
  • 1 month ago

because she's privileged and she's white.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hmm.. since when is sixTEEN preteen?  Anyway, as I've said before, it's not "MOST POPULAR person of the year", it's "person of the year".  Adolf Hitler was once "person of the year" and he was hardly popular, but people talked about him even more than they are talking about Thunberg.  (Oh, and just so you know, it's "TOON-bairg", not "THUNN-burgh".)

• 1 month ago

Time is run by climate change zealots. I imagine their circulation will fall as a result.

• 1 month ago

Kinda like what you’re doing right now. Only you’re doing it anonymously on yahoo answers. You must feel so vindicated.

• 1 month ago

She isn't a pre-teen, but an award from Time is meaningless so it doesn't matter.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.