Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

my coworker was being yelled and cussed at continuously by my manager,yet he stayed calm and didn't retaliate.should he have done something?

my manager had a temper over an issue with work and didn't know how to control his emotions.

my coworker just stayed quiet and didn't argue back.

I asked him why, and he told me that it ain't worth it and when he gets home, it wouldn't matter anymore. he also tells me when situations like that happen, he just tunes him out 

You should tell the Kindergarten  Teacher 

• JJ

Your co-worker should report his manager to the human resources department or the manager's manager.  

He did. He stayed calm...that's what p1sses managers off the most.

He should tell your company's HR about it.  The manager's actions were very unprofessional and immature and it sounds like he isn't ready for the responsibility of being a supervisor.  I've been a supervisor for years and I've never felt the need to yell or cuss out an employee.  There are actually professional and efficient ways to deal with issues.