Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 2 months ago

Are quiet loners often mistaken as arrogant?

Why do people like to judge that quiet loners are stuck up and arrogant? Where does this idea actually come from? Quiet loners come across as unfriendly because they probably don't need friends, does it mean they're arrogant?

I've seen this in real life, and what is amazing is how many diffident people are characterized as standoffish, snobbish, or arrogant because they don't mingle very well.  While it's true that some loners might think they are better than everyone else, others simply assume no one wants to bother with them, or lack confidence for other reasons. Again not all "loners" are that way for the same reasons. Others are labeling them based on their own opinions, rarely on any objective information.

Not always true, I'm almost a loner, and I'm quiet but not arrogant. Certain type of people likes to judge without getting to know the person.

Loners are not Always necessarily unfriendl

Iam a loner & friendly 

You must be referring to comments from individuals who can’t live without social media and maybe taking selfie’s too because that is not the topic of conversation in my circles. But let’s be honest. 

People who existed before the computer came on the scene, most likely have a network of friends and associates who they interact with face to face. Sure society had loners but usually we heard about it on the news, like Ted Kaczynski, Son of Sam or some rich recluse like Howard Hughes or Greta Garbo and these individuals were considered weird, odd and crazy. 

Now in the computer age, many young users will be loners regardless of how many friends(?) they meet on the internet and it is not a surprise that they base their whole self image on how many ‘likes’ they get or any of the superficial dumb stuff on the internet.  Not only that..they put their whole life on the internet and think they are being social but in reality.. they have no life and no experience in dealing with real people.  They are only listening(texting) to each other.. And, then life smacks them in the face, triggered..they bring all their lack of home training, lack of social skills and their instability is exposed out in the open for a world of strangers..The Emperor is not wearing any clothes.

There is a science behind why there are so many Young loners. 

Have a good day

• Janet

They may be mistaken as arrogant.

Mostly because they are not anxious about whether or not others approve of them, so they aren't sucking up to others or trying hard to please others. And those others .. the more insecure THEY are and need others to suck up to them, the more they see the quiet reserved person as perhaps being arrogant.

Don't worry. If you are a quiet loner, and someone judges you as being arrogant, that says a lot more about them than it says about you ... and it doesn't say anything very admirable about them.

And it is not just quiet loners who may be labelled "arrogant" .. those who are too shy to open up can also be mistaken as arrogant.

They are loners by choice because they hate all the homicidal jealous backstabbers. Who the loners will never forgive or forget let alone trust them ever again. No hope for redemption. Only hope they have is to move far away where those jealous pos can’t manipulate **** anymore to try and make you look bad. Then try to act like they were only trying to help because they are master manipulators pos. Stay the f out of our lives and don’t ever even think of us ever again. 

Stick up and arrogant? My guess that’s the ones saying it. That’s really how they feel about themselves. They are the jealous arrogant bullies. Always have been. Always will be. I wouldn’t be surprised at all. 

• Nunya

A lot of people I have observed are bullshitters. They are fake and lie about a lot of things to make up for the fact that they have nothing of value to offer. So if you appear really confident, and that you don't need them, they get really resentful towards you. Many will try to be 'friendly' just to **** test you and see how tough you are. To see if they can break you, abuse you, take advantage of you, and undermine you.  Just know that these people have inferiority complexes and they use you as a scapegoat so that they don't have to think about their own faults. These people will try to tear you down, but you have to know what you are dealing with. The majority of these are manipulative cowards. You have to show confidence and some aggression when dealing with them. 

It's only arrogance if you pretend to be better than everyone else with empty bragging. If you got the stuff to back it up, and don't need to brag, then it is just confidence. That is something people fail to distinguish.  

Yes, definitely! I choose to be by myself because I think all of you are better than me, not the other way around

• I live in the Eastern thought realm

We don't think like the americas canada europ afrika

Ommm

No, I was a quiet loser. And I didn't think I was better than anyone. Think people just make this judgement because they can't be bothered to get to know the person and some people are often annoyed with quiet people because simply they don't talk. But they never try to get to know them

• Jimbot2 months agoReport

How is it manipulative, just what I hear other people say. I was bullied by these people, hear what others say about other people. You're a dog anyway so how are you to judge me pooch