Why are most American children and young adults these days total brats who have no respect for their parents or elders in general?

I have been all over the world and older people are well respected and taken care of in South America and Asia. But in the US the current age range of about 16-30 are the most cry baby, know it all, zero respect for elders I have ever seen. And I am in this age range.

• marty
    Favorite Answer

They weren't punished for their actions. They feel entitled since everyone got a trophy and weren't taught losing. When they don't do well in school because they'd rather play, instead of being punished they're given an ADHD title and drugs. Parents try to raise friends instead of raising children, afraid to hurt their feelings. I was spanked when I did wrong and it worked well, better than ritalin anyway.

Proverbs 13:24

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs 22:15

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

• Brian

Tell 'em to get off your lawn.