Drake asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is it possible for humans to be "in heat?"?

I'm a 16 year old guy and for the past 3 years, I've been getting this insane rush that drives me crazy, it comes around 3 times a year, once in spring and twice in the fall. 

All I can think about is sex and wild fantasies nonstop 24/7 and it lasts about 2 to 3 weeks. It's not just sex in general, I get a want to just mate with a female... like have a child.

I have no idea what to do, it's extremely unbearable... so I was wondering if it was possible for humans to go into heat.

Favorite Answer

Men don't go into heat men are always horny! Going into heat refers to the monthly or every 3 months cycle or every six months cycle of an animal. Females put out a scent that makes can smell it tells them that there is a woman around somewhere that's in her fertility cycle. You're experiencing horniness because you're detecting some woman that you're close by going into her cycle. We don't call it heat inhumans. But especially in young men the scent of a woman on her fertility cycle will drive the male crazy where's the must get some urge.

No men are not similar to antelopes, goats and camels.

Why does this only happen to you 3 times a year?

Most guys get this about 3 times a week.

• Drake2 months agoReport

I get like that sometimes but it goes away in time, but when it's like this, its nonstop constant dirty feelings and thoughts for weeks straight.

Sounds like "Hormones" to me.  Teens go through hell when it comes to hormones, and they last all the way through your teen years.  I usually answer teen girls asking questions like this, but boys also go through a dump of hormones as well. Your best bet is to find a Doctor who knows about the teen years, and rely on this help. If you wind up with an M.D. who hasn't a clue, you will not be helped.  So please pick a Doctor who knows about teen matters, hormones, and progression into adulthood. I wish you well.    

You are "in teenage". Try cold showers.