Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 months ago

What do you think about fasting every other day rather that eat everyday?

I was thinking blending bean soup to fine liquid on fasting days for dinner. Will that work?

• martin

This might work just fine. But don't keep it up for too many days.

This may work fine and dandy.

Fasting can be very healthy.  If you are interested in fasting, look at books, websites and YouTube for instructions on intermittent fasting.  Some people fast 16 hours per day and only eat during a window of about 8 hours (say, 10 AM - 6 PM).  Other people do 24-hour fasts a couple of times a week.  Some people also do a longer 48-72 hour fast on a monthly basis.

Drinking pureed bean soup is not a fast. In fact, drinking a puree simply increases how quickly the sugars from the beans get into your blood (less digestion). A fast is where you completely obstain for consuming ANY calories from any source.  You drink water and tea -- or black coffee.  That's it. 

In terms of "will that work?," it depends on what you trying to do.  Having soup for dinner is done by lots of people.  It might be a lower-calorie dinner than your used to eating.  It might raise your blood sugar and make you hungry.  It isn't necessarily a great weight loss strategy.  

• Mike G

I think it's a terrible idea, especially if you are still growing.

• Andy C

You'll find out why dieting always fails.

I once went on a clear liquid diet for ten days. I lost 12 pounds and cleaned out my colon. I drank clear juices and broth and nothing else but water. Now I only eat salad and fruit for supper and a sandwich or a main course like meat or pasta or something with eggs or potatoes for lunch and no snacks only water no pop or fruit juice and I reached my ideal weight and stayed there.

Small minded.

Eat every day, four times a  day. Eat Smaller Portions at each meal.

It does not even matter what you eat, generally. There are no "bad" foods, unless there is a medical condition.

It wont work because your body will go into starvation mode and then when you do eat it will put that into fat storage in case you starve again, you need a normal amount of calories for body to work properly and burn up calories - been there done that etc