Ron asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 8 months ago

My criminal past is causing fellow parents to withhold their children socializing with mine. How do I overcome this ?

6 Answers

  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

    By showing your integrity by telling the parents upfront about your past.  That gives you the opportunity to prove you aren't the criminal you were in the past, and now a respectful citizen and parent much like themselves.  When you hide your past you only offer suspicion and eliminate opportunity to prove yourself as you exist today.

  • edward
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Teachable moment kids, life lesson of action and consequence

  • y
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Use that past to intimidate those other parents into allowing their children to socialize with yours.

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    If your criminal post consisted of chopping children up into pieces, can you really blame them?

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Faithe
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

    If you're sure that's the reason, be frank with parents. Tell them you understand their hesitancy to have their children around you and that you might feel the same in their place. Tell them, though, that it hurts to see your children who did nothing wrong affected by your poor choices. Suggest that your children be invited to THEIR house (They could pick up your children or you could drop off your children but not go inside) or that you meet in a public spot such as a park or skating rink.

    Of course there will be SOME interaction with the other parents while doing the things above, and gradually, if you and your children are sure to groom yourselves well, speak well, and act kindly, the parents will become less afraid of you, and word will spread to other parents that you and your kids are all actually quite nice!

    Wishing the best for you!

  • 8 months ago

    Depends what your crime was.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.