When will writers of franchises focus on telling good stories instead of making them political statements by adding LGBT characters?

It seems every franchise, be it movies, TV shows, video games, novels, comics, etc. has writers who make those franchises into political statements by adding LGBT characters to them.  Why?  When will the writers just focus on telling good stories again instead of making a political statement by adding in LGBT characters/couples?

There are plenty of good stories that include LGBT characters - and they aren't necessarily added as 'political statements'.

We exist, we want to be represented in the media; get over it or decide to only watch T V shows made before 1975

Gay people ain't born straight any more than black people were born white. 

Creators do not need to cater to you. Their characters can be whatever they want. 

So being born homosexual is now political? I suppose that makes being born at all is a political statement for you, right?

• Matt1 month agoReport

If homosexuality was something you're born with, God wouldn't have said it is a sin.  He created everyone and He NEVER makes anyone who can't help sinning.

It's just for representation. As a lesbian, I will literally jump up and squeal with excitement if there are LGBTQ+ characters. It really shouldn't bother you if a character is queer or not, I mean, we exist and we want representation. Diversity exists in the real world, and it's not a bad thing, and it can teach people to be more accepting.

• Matt1 month agoReport

Sin should NEVER be accepted.

LGBT people are a part of society, why would we not be written into it.

• Matt1 month agoReport

I'm sorry.  I should've rephrased the question.  I'm not against LGBT people being written into stories.  I'm against them being written as if there's nothing wrong with homosexuality.  If they portrayed homosexuality as the sin that it is, I would be fine with it being shown.

I didn't know that I was just a political statement. Thank you for that insight. That changes everything.

Your rant is noted and reported once again.

When will writers of franchises focus on telling good stories instead of making them political statements by adding HETROSEXAUL characters?

• Tyler
      1 month agoReport

no they arent, matt. however, literally everything you say on this site seems to indicate that not everyone is born with a brain

• Do you honestly think that the writers have autonomy over what they write?  Didn't you ever do any writing in school?  Remember how the teacher would give you a prompt and then you had to cobble together enough bs to fulfill the assignment requirement?  Do you think that changes when you're writing professionally?

So, if you're a writer, you can either:

Do what the producers tell you to do (write more stories that include modern social and political talking points, so as to seem more relevant), which will keep you employed, keep you earning a paycheck (and maybe even royalties from airings of the shows you write), maybe earn you an award or two, and allow you to pad your resume (which will help you land writing gigs further down the road).

Or you can tell the people holding the purse to go screw while you write your magnum opus.  Because they won't replace you or anything.  There are 10,000 people graduating from high school or college every year with dreams of becoming writers who'll gladly take your spot and write whatever the producers tell them to write.

Principles or a roof over your head, which do you choose?