Did/Does Jake E. Lee have an EGO?

I get what people here and even Andrew was saying how Jake isn't all that, I think he is great, but someone on here said that Jake would tell Ozzy and Sharon to babysit Jade while he was out doing his own things.

Cause in interviews, Jake only mentions stuff like not getting credits for Bark at the Moon, and not clicking with Ozzy on a personal level, but other stuff like having an ego. I was hearing that Jake wanted to be the main show in the band and having Ozzy just a session musician?

Like if you listen to interviews from Vai and Satriani both GOD like but very humble players, they compliment other players without show boating themselves.

Jake on the other hand compliments other players but does showboat. He claims he did not fit in with Ratt cause his rhythm part was too busy, and that he was a better rhythm player than Lynch.

He even claimed himself to be the perfect guitarist right after Randy.... cocky much?

You never heard Randy going "yeah I saved Ozzy's career". and that in itself is partly if not fully true.

Yes he maybe cocky. But he also is not going to sell himself short. He knows what his abilities are, and he showed that by the bands he was in. There are egos everywhere in music. Some just have them on their sleeves. While others keep them more subdued.

• Andrew

Jake E. Lee played with Ozzy for 5 years. Over the course of that time, I'm sure a lot of things happened. Cherry picking a story or two from that time isn't going to paint an accurate picture of what their working relationship or their friendship was like. Being in a band with other people is like being part of a family. These guys are crammed into buses together going from one city to the next, it's a lot of hotels and arenas and strangers and living like that day in and day out for weeks or months on end creates a bond between people. But ultimately, they'll need to decide if they're coworkers who get along well or if they're really good friends. I wasn't there, so I can't comment on what their relationship was like. I've seen and read interviews with Jake E. Lee and he didn't strike me as coming across as a particularly egotistical or vain person. But then again, I never really gave it a whole lot of thought, because while he's played on a few of the albums that I own, I wouldn't consider myself to be particularly invested in him or his opinions. I've read about some of the stories he's recounted from his time with Ozzy and listened to him talk about those days, and I never really got the impression that he was particularly insulted or hurt by Ozzy and the whole situation. I mean, considering the way he came to end up in the band in the first place, it couldn't have come as much of a surprise. 

And you can't compare what Randy would have had to say to what Jake E. Lee had to say because Randy was still Ozzy's guitarist right up until the second he died, so he wasn't really in a position to speak his mind without thinking about the consequences of saying something negative. 

I mean, it's obvious that you are deeply interested in the politics and the personal dynamic between these people, but so much of this is ancient history, and few people would be interested in analysing and deconstructing the behaviour and the words of people who are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. There are other bands and musicians to focus on. I think you've basically covered everything there is to discuss about these people over the course of all of these questions. 

Your all over the place man, whats your point

Source(s): 79