do you think witchcraft is real?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Witchcraft is a very real thing. Does it work? No, I don't believe so. But other's practice it regularly, so in that sense It's real.

• i think there is still much we do not understand.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If your asking about the spells, rituals, curses that fall into that category then no other is not real. I know that the wiccan practices are real, but it is honestly a difficult way of life to follow if you're not truly invested in it. I once had a friend who practiced this and she told me that it was the biggest waste of six years of her life because in the end it amounted to nothing. She laughs about it now but it is not all that it claims to be. There is nothing magical or Supernatural about it. It is a way to embrace nature and the natural elements which surround Earth. There is no magic, curses, hexes, or spells, that are real. Yes science has looked into this and has disproven that any type of witchcraft is real.

• 2 months ago

Of course it's real.  People believe in it, so it's a real belief.  No different than Christianity or Islam.

As for the actual practice, heck no.  That's why, without exception, every witch responds with "magic doesn't work that way" when asked to demonstrate her spellcasting skills.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

yes--"witchcraft" is a religion (wicca)--do I believe people have magical powers and can fly on brooms--no.

• 2 months ago

Since the Armed Forces recognizes it as a religion and has had the burial and marriage ceremonies in their Army Chaplains book since 1990, I'd say it's real enough.

-----------------------

US ARMY CHAPLAIN'S HANDBOOK: EXCERPT ON WICCA

www.religioustolerance.org › wic_usbk

Excerpt on Wicca from the U.S. Army's chaplains' handbook. ... The book is: "Religious Requirements and Practices of Certain Selected Groups: A Handbook for ...

• Dubbs
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I do believe witchcraft is real. I've researched it to the point of understanding the principles behind it, but I have not gone to the lengths of practicing it.

There's a reason witchcraft is rarely in use today, and for the same reason many people refuse to accept it.

In ancient times it was a practice reserved only for the priest class in ancient Egypt or by the Druids in the Celtic isles. This knowledge was kept out of the hands of the masses as it could be very dangerous.

With the rise of the Roman Empire the knowledge was saved by a select few

But then when Christianity took over they systematically killed anyone known for practicing the arts. It was deemed heresy and many were burned at the stake. This was done through various Crusades and Inquisitions. The Inquisition was indeed supported by the use of "magic" so it wasn't entirely backed by false accusations, but it was overrun with religious fanatics with kinky ways of killing people; so not all confessions were made up on the fly under torture.

When the conquistadors took over South America,  they would milk the minds of the Shaman and kill them once the secrets were revealed.

This knowledge was taken underground by the few survivors of the Church's witch hunts. For centuries it would remain hidden, only practised in secret by underground societies or between family ties.

But after the Hundred Years War and Henry VIII's battle with the church, the church began to lose power. The time of the Witch burnings had come to an end. King James I had the bible printed for the masses to read, the Church's monopoly on faith had finally been broken.

The secret groups that had remained underground for so long were allowed to rise up in the 18th Century, going under various names (Rosecrucians, Freemasonry, Illuminati, etc.) The Age of Reason had begun!

The secret societies could not be tamed by the church or monarchy, and certain initiates were allowed to learn the "occult sciences" (witchcraft).

As membership grew it was decided among the hierarchy that this knowledge was not for everybody and it was suppressed within the order; not to be practiced without the authorization of "Unknown Superiors."

As late as the early 1800's laws were passed in Europe dealing with Seances, mediums and Black Magic against the crown.

During World War II the nazi's took steps to revive some of the occult practices, it's unclear how far they got, but it may have been carried into some U.S. MKULTRA projects through Project Paperclip.

Secret societies were not the only channel witchcraft survived through. Certain bloodlines kept the practice alive as well as Jewish priestly class who studied the Kabbalah. Even ancient tomes and manuscripts survived long enough to be recopied and preserved for later generations. The information is still out there in various books for any adept to learn. But it takes a dedicated mind to completely understand and practice the craft.

In addition to this knowledge being removed from circulation, we've entered an era of control and intellectual decline. Although technology has been increasing exponentially each passing year, the majority of that technology is kept classified by businesses  and governments, and the public are only satisfied with cell phone updates.

Most people buy into what they see on the news not realizing how conditioned they've become from propaganda and arrogance. You should be able to deduce this from some of your previous answers.

We're told ever so matter-of-factly that God does not exist, there's no such thing as ghosts and magic is just a fictional enterprise meant for movies, and people believe it because it's a part of reality that rarely ever gets explored. Most people just accept this 5 Sense reality as it's what we're taught in school and nobody reads informative books anymore.

Witchcraft comes in several forms and not all of it is bad. People often think of Black Magic when the term is brought up, but there were various other forms involved. Black Magic is the perversion of some of the more positive forms.

Prayer can work for some people, not necessarily because of an act from God,  but because of the positive energy and intent behind it. Tarot reading, Seances, Acupuncture, and Feng Shui have little place in Western methodology,  yet many people still believe in Astrology (oddly enough,  as this was one of the methods the Catholic church never objected against), and still practice Martial Arts and Yoga (as these require a Chi based form of energy).

One wouldn't think these things have anything to do with witchcraft, but they all stem from mysticism in various parts of the world.

Ouija Boards derived from Automatic Writing and is actually a more recent addition to mediumship, though not entirely safe, people treat it like a game... but if the right conditions are met and a connection is made it could open a window.

There's a lot more that witchcraft entails to like herbs, talismans, reflective energy, and even blood sacrifices, but I think I've gone on quite long enough. But, yes, I do believe in witchcraft. 

• 2 months ago

Please refer to the Salem witch trials.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think it's an online game, like Warcraft, only with witches.  If it's not a real thing, it should be.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hell yea!  People think witchcraft is negative , but its not, if you don't know what you're doing you can open a portal that can be very dangerous.  Just do your research and make sure you understand that what you do to others come back to you three folds.  If you do the wrong thing it can affect you for the rest of your life spiritually, emotionally and physically.  We all have the power to do this, Its all about your intentions. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.