would you punish your 14 yo for "dating" a man over 30 ?

obviously the man gets arrested but do you personally discipline/punish your daughter for doing something she probably knew was wrong.

To be honest if she you should have had a talk with her about child predators long before now. Besides that the 30 year old is clearly sick so I'd have him arrested. As for your daughter well I wouldn't punish her because that will make the situation worse and she'll most likely rebel by dating him behind your back. You should, However, explain to her how sick this man really is and tell her that he needs to find people his own age to date rather then some 14 year old girl. 

Crystal, at 14 your daughter isn't old enough or mature enough yet to be dating ANYONE, much less a 30 year old man. WHERE WAS YOUR BRAIN when you allowed this? Because obviously, you weren't USING IT. Your daughter needs help and possibly, some therapy or counseling to help her and you figure out why she would be attracted to someone so much older than herself, because that kind of relationship isn't normal or healthy for either party. And you need to call the cops on the man, and make it clear to them that you intend to press CHARGES against him for attempted stat rape, among other crimes. Your daughter is WAY UNDER the age of consent for sex in most if not all states, and this guy who was trying to "date" her needs to go to prison before he commits such a crime with another young girl or girls.

Something else that needs to happen, ASAP, is that you need to take your daughter to her pediatrician for a FULL MEDICAL EVALUATION, including a pelvic exam and a pregnancy test. She needs to be tested for HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases as well. Because there's every reason to believe that your daughter may be pregnant as a result of this encounter, and if she is, then you'll  have some decisions to make.

• Elsa

I would explain her why she must never do it again,and inform her about the dangers such a situation has.

I would explain her that a 30 year old man has to date women around his age and that of He has to date such young girls than there is something wrong with him.

I would not punish her, though,because punishment can actually lead you to make it worse. 

I mean, if you punish her, there is the risk that she would still keep on dating him,but obviously without telling  you about it.

I'd tell her that she was a mistake. Such behavior is not okay at all, and she will go to Hell.

why would i punish a kid for doing something like this? They are on the dumb side so you have to play along with the "dumb". Punishment? Well that might lead to the kid dating more thirty-something year olds.

I wouldn’t punish her even though she could be will aware of what going on. First off, she’s 14. I know some girls start dating young but i don’t know what she is doing with a 30 years old. If a man literally feels the need to date someone that is a minor and isn’t fully mature yet, that says a lot about him. As far as your daughter, find out why she is dating this old man. Be a friend, get to the bottom of it. Because even if you do punish her, she probably still going to do whatever she want or not really tell you anything. I don’t know the kind of girl she is but I know when I was 16, I had my boyfriend who was 17 that I was dating behind my parents back. They probably knew but I was secretive. The only thing I punish her on this situation if she was Lying about it, stealing money, taking off without permission. Hopefully, she eventually learned because she is too young to be dating an older man. If she was like 25 and this man was like 45, it would be a different story just because by then, she mature enough to know what she is going herself into and why she would put herself in that situation. 

• Suzy Q

I wouldn't punish her for falling victim to a predator. But it would certainly mean the end to her freedom to roam for a long time. 

• helene

Let's just say she would not be at liberty to be groomed by grown men anymore. 

• Carson

Maybe get her help to find out why she was so in need of a father figure she went against what most normal 14 y/o would do and dated a man twice her she to achieve it.

Punishment is an ugly word and accomplishes nothing!

I think you as her parent need to figure out what drove her to seek out a guy old enough to be her father! Children/teenagers don't just turn on a light switch and figure "oh hey lets go **** a 30 plus year old", it doesn't work that way. There are deep rooted un-addressed issues going on in her life, and she felt the need to attach herself to this guy.