Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 10 months ago

Why do some parents only give their kids fruit?

Kids shouldn't eat just fruit and just vegetables they should have a selection of food in their diets. Kids need protein to grow healthy and strong 

Abusive parental control.

I have friends who have done that and their children are healthy adults. The definition of fruit is broader than just the likes of bananas and oranges.

Just fruit and just vegetables? You mean just fruit and vegetables?

You've heard of these people called vegans?

Why do you have knowledge of what other parents feed their children? Quite honestly, in my entire life, I have never been so intimately in touch with another adult that I know exactly what they have fed their children their entire lives.

• Lv 7

many fruits, vegetables, and grains have plenty of the proteins, calcium, and other nutrients commonly found in meats and dairy.

in fact, the ancient Jews ate absolutely no meats for thousands of years, and they're...still around, i guess.

I have never met anyone who gave their kids nothing but fruit.

AND veggies do indeed have protein. some more than others. Beans, for example, are a veggie and the #1 source of protein in vegan diets.

FYI lack of protein is a VERY rare condition since almost all foods, except fruits have protein.

• youre right they need a healthy balance of everything i guess they think its right when it isnt